CAPS Coolgardie teaches the following biblical principles as concepts, beliefs and values:
- Each person has incredible worth and has gifts that should be given opportunities to develop in order to allow them to achieve their potential.
- God created man and woman in His own image. Each person has equal value and significance despite age, race, wealth, ability, disability and gender.
- The world was made perfect but sin entered the world by Adam and Eve’s rebellion and this has corrupted the world and introduced suffering, death and imperfection.
- A person is saved by God’s grace and through faith in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son who existed from eternity and who was born of a virgin, died for our sins, was raised from the dead, and sits at the right hand of the Father and will return to receive His people and to judge the living and the dead.
- It is the work of the Holy Spirit to regenerate those who believe, creating in them the fruit of His Spirit, endowing them with spiritual gifts and empowering them to serve God and their fellows.
- God has called those whom He loves to be His people, to live lives worthy of their calling in love and unity with each other. The Christian classroom should be an expression of Godly worship and should be characterised by love and mercy, justice and worship of God that is expressed in humbly service to one another.
- God gave to people the responsibility to have dominion over the world. Each person has a responsibility to care for God’s creation and his creatures and the privilege of enjoying His good creation. We should thus value beauty and creativity and reflect these values in our classrooms.
- God has revealed His will to people through the Bible, His authoritative and inerrant guide to how we should live a life of love and service to God and our neighbours.
- God is our creator and sustains His creation by His power. The world did not evolve in a random way or by chance and thus the world has meaning and purpose.